Scientific programming in R
- 2018 -
The Institute of Molecular Biology organizes
"Scientific programming in R"
The course objective is to introduce participants with advanced statistical and machine
learning techniques and approaches used in analysis of big biological data.
Workshop dates: September 27 - 28, 2018.
Dr. Henry Loffler-Wirth, PhD, Junior Group Leader at the Interdisciplinary Centre for Bioinformatics in the
University of Leipzig.
Ms. Edith Willscher, PhD Student at the Interdisciplinary Centre for Bioinformatics in the University of Leipzig.
The deadline for registration of the applicants: September 14, 2018.
Registration of selected participants: 9:30
Classes start at: 10:00
Venue: Instute of Molecular Biology, 2-nd floor
For registration send your motivation letter. In the motivation letter, indicate:
1) Your educational and professional background
2) How you intend to use the skills and knowledge obtained from the course in your research
3) Whether you are able to bring a laptop to the course.
The course will be conducted in English.
Participation is free of charge.
Five computer-equipped places are available.
Five additional places are available for participants coming with their laptops.
- Selection will be based on evaluation of applicants' academic standing and motivation.
- Upon completing the course all participants will receive certificates of participation.
- The workshop is conducted with support of the joint project "Cartography of pathogenic pathway states"
the State Committee of Sciences MES RA (16GE-025) and German Federal Ministry of Education and Science
(BMBF) WTZ ARM II-010.